Monday, 12 December 2016


Witnesses describe a man calling himself the "anti-Christ" after a train passenger was reportedly attacked next to his wife.


Emergency services at the scene. Pic: Ita O'Brien
Image Caption:Emergency services at the scene. Pic: Ita O'Brien
A knifeman who reportedly stabbed a rail passenger in front of his wife in southeast London shouted "I want to kill me a Muslim", according to a witness.
One man was injured in the attack at Forest Hill station at around lunchtime on Monday.
Richard Etienne was on the way back from a job interview when he saw a man wearing a black jacket and black gloves was walking through the train 
He said the man was shourting "I'm going to kill me a Muslim, I'm going to kill me a Muslim" as he scanned the seats.
"He looked at a woman sat opposite me who was wearing a hijab and that's when he turned and faced her," Mr Etienne said. 
"I could see a knife in his hand, the blades about five inches long.
"That's when he shouts I don't want me a Muslim woman, I want me a Muslim man."

Someone literally just been stabbed at Forest Hill station. Major major po pos. Horrific.  
Mr Etienne said the man walked further down the train before it went "eerily quiet". 
"Then there was a scream and about three or four men jumped towards the scream. At that point everyone in the front two carriages moved with haste towards my car," he said. 
When the train reached Forest Hill, Mr Etienne said he saw a woman in a hijab come out onto the platform "wailing" and with "blood on her hands".
He added that the man was now on the platform, shouting: "I am the anti-Christ, you don't have to worry, I am going to kill me a Muslim." 
Witnesses described the "horrific" attack and its aftermath on Twitter.
"The perpetrator is currently ranting on the streets. Beware," one wrote.
Another tweeted: "#foresthill The attacker shouted "Who is Muslim, I want to kill a Muslim", approached the guy sitting with his wife on the 1st carriage."
Shellby Curry, 24, was with her one-year-old child when she saw a man "waving what looked to be a knife in his hand" near the station and screaming words like "Muslims f****** hate them, kill them all".
"I was walking along and someone stopped and said, 'Be careful, he's got a knife'.
"As I looked around there he was. I just grabbed my baby and ran across the road. Looking back (I saw) him marching up and down waving his arm about."

A massacre in  station a man shouting who is Muslim i want to kill a muslim stabs several times a Muslim passenger, no reason
Miguel Oliveira, 36, said he came face-to-face with the attacker, who he described as "shouting uncontrollably".
"He was walking towards me and he was shouting stuff like 'Death to Muslims' and 'Go back to Syria'," he said.
British Transport Police said the incident was not being treated as "terrorism-related".
A spokeswoman said officers were sent to the station after reports of a serious assault at 1.18pm.
"One person has been arrested following the incident and is currently in police custody," she said.
"One man was treated by ambulance staff at the scene and is currently en route to hospital."