A Father Christmas lookalike described as a "dirty old man" has been jailed for 22 months for grooming two young girls.
Lawrence Lewis, who was known to children for his fat stomach and bushy white beard, pleaded guilty to three charges of inciting a girl under the age of 13 to engage in sexual activity.
Prosecutor Robert Forrest said the 57-year-old, from Waterlooville, Hampshire, had twice approached a girl in a pub last December and January and offered her money to expose herself.
He made a similar offer to her friend on a separate occasion.
Lewis was arrested when one of the girls told her mother.
Lewis without his white hair and beard
The prosecutor said the girls had known Lewis as "Father Christmas", a role which he had performed on a number of occasions.
Mr Forrest said: "This defendant was a regular of that public house; he was known by several other regulars as Father Christmas and Santa because of his appearance at the time ... He was known on several occasions to act as Father Christmas."
Sentencing Lewis, judge Shamim Qureshi said it was an unusual case which did not fit normal sentencing guidelines.
He said: "When Father Christmas turns out to be a dirty old man asking to look at their underpants and private parts, we have a very different situation regarding the Sentencing Council."
Lewis was barred from playing Father Christmas for 10 years and banned from contact with girls under 16.
He was also ordered to sign the sex offenders' register and pay a £100 victim surcharge.
Defence lawyer Lian Webster-Martin said Lewis was "genuinely remorseful".
She added: "He has shaved his beard and wishes to step away from any suggestion he is performing that role..."
A judge has called former US House Speaker Dennis Hastert a "serial child molester" and sentenced him to 15 months in prison in a hush money case tied to decades-old abuse.
Hastert, who pleaded guilty last year to violating banking law, becomes one of the highest-ranking politicians in US history to go to prison.
The 74-year-old admitted in court for the first time on Wednesday that he "mistreated" former student-athletes when he was a high school teacher and coach from 1965 to 1981.
Hastert (top right) with Stephen Reinboldt (bottom right)
"The thing I want to do today is say I'm sorry to those I hurt and misled," Hastert said.
"First I want to apologise to the boys I mistreated when I was a coach. What I did was wrong and I regret it."
Before handing down the sentence, Judge Thomas Durkin said: "Some conduct is unforgivable no matter how old it is."
Hastert was once second in line to the US presidency
In addition to his prison term, Hastert was ordered to undergo sex offender treatment and pay $250,000 to a crime victims' fund.
Earlier, a man who accused Hastert of molesting him decades ago testified that he "felt intense pain, shame and guilt".
Scott Cross, now 53, fought back tears as he described being sexually abused while a member of Hastert's wrestling team.
"As a 17-year-old boy, I was devastated. I tried to figure out why Coach Hastert had singled me out," he told the court.
When it was his turn to speak, Hastert said he did not remember the victim specifically, but admitted that he abused others.
Hastert pleaded guilty last year to violating banking laws when he agreed to pay $3.5m (£2.4m) to someone to keep quiet about "prior misconduct".
The charges lifted a veil of secrecy from allegations that he had molested students, and sent shock waves through Washington, where he was second in line to the US presidency as House Speaker from 1999 to 2007.
It was alleged in court documents that Hastert sexually abused at least four students, ranging in age from 14 to 17.
Mr Cross, who until Wednesday had been identified as individual D in court papers, said he finally revealed the abuse to his wife and parents last year after Hastert's arrest.
"Staying silent for years was worse," he said. "It is important to tell the truth. ... I could no longer remain silent."
The sister of another alleged victim told the court that Hastert abused her brother throughout his years at Yorkville High School.
Jolene Burdge said her brother, Stephen Reinboldt, who died of AIDS in 1995, felt "betrayed, ashamed and embarrassed".
She urged Hastert to not be a "coward" and to "tell the truth"
Two Britons who planned Islamic State-inspired terror on the streets of London have been jailed for life.
Students Tarik Hassane and Suhaib Majeed, both 22, were sentenced at the Old Bailey.
They had plotted to kill soldiers, police officers and civilians in a series of drive-by shootings.
Acting on instructions from mastermind Hassane, physics student Majeed had got his hands on a gun and ammunition.
He was discussing buying an untraceable moped before police swooped to arrest him in September 2014.
The Parachute Regiment Territorial Army Barracks - one of the targets
His old school friend Hassane, nicknamed The Surgeon, was studying medicine in Sudan at the time.
But he rushed back to London to carry on as a "lone wolf terrorist" before he, too, was picked up.
He identified Shepherd's Bush police station and the Parachute Regiment Territorial Army Barracks at White City as possible targets on Google Street View.
Majeed, 22, was found guilty of conspiracy to murder and preparation of terrorist acts after Hassane, 22, admitted the charges midway through the Old Bailey trial.
Mr Justice Wilkie jailed Hassane for a minimum of 21 years and Majeed for a minimum of 20 years.
Shepherd's Bush Police Station was also identified as a target
The court was told earlier that both men had now accepted their involvement in the plot to murder.
In his confession, Hassane had said he felt like he was in a "bubble" at the time, but added: "I really doubt I could have ever done this."
Passing sentence, the judge told the pair: "It is shocking, tragic and deplorable that you, two young British men, educated through the UK school system, undertaking university courses, should be so influenced by the bloodthirsty version of Islam presented by ISIS (another name for IS) and other similarly minded groups, that you decided to take up arms against your fellow British citizens and those charged with protecting them in the streets of your own city."
The judge said in a "frank" account, Hassane had admitted visiting Syria in 2013 where he learned how to handle guns and spent time with a fighter who was later killed.
On returning to the UK, having decided to become a fighter too, he raised thousands of pounds to support extremist violence in Syria, before becoming the "prime mover" in the plot.
Princess Alice House in west London - where Hassane was arrested
The court heard that the pair, from west London, had links to the same mosque associated with Mohammed Emwazi, also known as Jihadi John, an executioner for IS who achieved notoriety before being killed.
Nyall Hamlett, 25, and Nathan Cuffy, 26, who were acquitted of being part of the plot, were sentenced for firearms offences. Hamlett was given six and a half years in jail, while Cuffy was handed 11 years behind bars.
Cuffy supplied a self-loading Baikal pistol with silencer and bullets to fellow Muslim convert and former Catholic altar boy Hamlett, who admitted transferring it on to Majeed.
Hamlett said he only found out what he had been asked to deliver to Majeed at the last minute, while Cuffy said he also had no idea about the plot.