Thursday, 5 May 2016

Maureen Lock walks out of the courtroom twice as Matthew Daley describes using "nearly all my force" to stab her husband 39 times.
15:32, UK,Thursday 05 May 2016
Maureen Lock
The widow of a man killed in an alleged road rage attack walked out of a courtroom as her husband's killer recalled the stabbing.
Maureen Lock left the trial as jurors were played a videoed police interview of Matthew Daley, in which he described how he stabbed 79-year-old Donald Lock to death.
Daley who will not be giving evidence during the trial, knifed retired solicitor Mr Lock 39 times after the older man crashed his car into the back of his vehicle at about 16mph.
Man charged over road rage stabbing
The 35-year-old said he felt "threatened and afraid" as Mr Lock was driving close behind him before the collision, looking "very angry"..
The vehicles collided after Daley made an emergency stop on the A24 at Findon, near Worthing, West Sussex, last July.
"The knife went into him and then I went in again," Daley told officers.
"I looked at the body and went back to my car."
Asked by an officer whether his reaction was appropriate following a minor collision, Daley replied: "No, I don't think so, but you have to remember that I was scared."
Mr Lock, who had recently been given the all-clear from prostate cancer, died at the scene as Daley drove off.
Road rage stabbing
His widow walked out of the trial for a second time as Daley described using "nearly all my force" to inflict the injuries.
The jury heard Mr Lock suffered seven heads wounds, 19 deep punctures, including multiple wounds to his back, shoulder, lungs and liver.
Daley told officers:  "I'm not happy that the man has died. I'm not happy that in the final minutes of his life he was in that much pain, and I don't want to be reminded of it.
"I feel very sorry about what I have done and I don't want to see anything like that happen in my lifetime again."
Jurors heard he had recently split up from his girlfriend, but he was not upset about the break-up.
He said he was the "happiest man alive" before the stabbing.
Daley denies murder and says he acted in self-defence.
Jurors have heard Daley had been suffering from mental health problems for 10 years, and that his family had "pleaded" with experts to section him.